My Top 5 Magical Moments At the TpT Conference

In linking up with Ha from Happy Days in First Grade for My Top 5 Magical Moments from TpT Orlando '16.
 

 
Magical Moment #1
Meeting Deanna Jump after years of following her blog online was magical. In person she is very sweet & down to earth. She made my day when she told me that she had heard of my store & even seen me on the TpT dashboard. As it turns out she taught in the same county that I currently teach in.
Magical Moment #2
 Just when I thought the conference couldn't get better, they called my name at the BlogLovin Meetup because I won a $100 gift certificate to Creative Clips. Just meeting Krista was magical but getting a USB  drive with $100 worth of her clip art was the icing on the cake.

Magical Moment #3

Kayse Morris' session "Yes! You Too Can Make Videos!" was magical, inspiring and entertaining. She said that a video makes it 50x's easier to reach page 1 of google. If you haven't seen her videos on Youtube you need to check her today. She gave us practical advice on how to get started making videos. I learned a lot & while my video's will never be as magical as her's, she taught us a lot of tricks to make my videos look better. Now I just have to get the courage to get in front of the camera. Check out Kayse's equipment recommendations:

1. Camera: Use a smartphone or DSLR. I have an iphone 6 plus and can tell you that the quality of pictures and video is a lot better on my DSLR. I have a Nikon D3200 & love it!




2. Clamp: A clamp will hold your camera so you can film yourself or your product. You can get a clamp for $5-10 on Amazon, like the one below.



 3. Umbrella: An umbrella improves the lighting in your video. The right light makes all the difference in improving the quality of a video.  

 4. Ring Light: A ring light illuminates the subject from multiple angles creating a unique photographic look. It also reduces the number of visible shadows. You can get one for your DSLR if you have one or for your smartphone. I can't wait to get a selfie light for my phone. It's easier on my pocket & more portable too.





5. Microphone: The Cod Video Microphone hooks into your computer for doing voiceovers on your videos. She also suggested getting a Dragonpad to improve the audio quality of the mic. 
 



Magical Moment #4

My first conference would not have been as fun without the hospitality that Tamara from Mrs. Russel's Room. She not only welcomed my friend & I at the Florida Welcome social but also invited us to go to dinner with her & her group the following night. She is lots of fun to be around and truly genuine person. We all went to a Sushi restaurant & had lots of fun with everyone. The highlight of our night was singing Karaoke with the group. It was a night I will never forget. I will be forever thankful to Tamara for her kindness.
 

 
 
Magical Moment # 5

Vera's Find Your Inner Tutu was the perfect end to my conference sessions. After joining to the Tailwind session I felt very overwhelmed. Yes, I was learning a lot but it was information overload and I learned that I still have a lot more to learn about the Pinterest Beast & its Tailwind sidekick . Vera was energetic and uplifting. She talked about surrounding yourself with Marigolds. Most experienced gardeners use companion planting when planting crops. That is planting  plants that complement each other together. Marigolds are known as the best companion plant because it protects lots of plants against pests and harmful weeds. Marigolds are people that are encouraging, supporting and nurturing to others. These are the types of people you need to surround yourself with and aspire to be. In contrast gardeners avoid planting vegetables near walnut trees because they give off a toxic substance that can inhibit growth, wilt and ultimately kill surrounding vegetables. These are people can be people like  Know it All Nancy, Mooching Michele and Negative Nathan. These people are toxic and while sometimes we can't avoid them completely we can limit our time with them. Vera is definitely a Marigold. She had us dancing and had giveaways during her session. I was lucky enough to win a $25 gift certificate from The Wright Stuff Chics. I'm getting a black with pink lettering t-shirt that says "Queen of My Classroom". I can't wait!
 

 I can't wait until next year's conference to see my new friends and make more memories!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment