Butterfly World

Recently my class went to Butterfly World on a Fieldtrip. It is the world's largest butterfly park. I've taken my second graders there for the past three years. We always follow up with my Butterflies & Moth Unit. You can read more about it here.

Students loved looking at their laboratory of chrysalis' from around the world. Some butterflies were seen emerging from their chrysalis while we were there.
 Walking through the gardens felt like paradise.

While the kids were listening to our tour guide, one of the butterflies landed on one of my student's  hair. You can see it on the right on the blonde. We learned butterflies are more likely to land on people who have light colored hair.
We thought this stream was beautiful! Of course all the girls wanted pictures here.
 My students loved jumping on the swinging bridge.
\
If you are local to South Florida (or just visiting). I highly recommend going in February. We saw more butterflies than ever this year. You can see a video of Butterfly World below.



No comments:

Post a Comment