Why I started making my own BOOM cards?

After seeing how much my students loved the math BOOM cards I had downloaded, I searched for some Spanish BOOM cards for my Dual Language Students. Much to my surprise there were lots of French BOOM cards but very little Spanish BOOM cards. Of those I found none of them met the needs of my dual language class. If you are joining me for the first time or want to know more about BOOM, click here to learn more.

After making the first one, my students & I were hooked. I was able to add my voice to them which my students thought was very cool. If you are a DIYer stay tuned for my next post that shows you how easy they are to make. If you are not, no worries there are plenty of them already made, a lot of them free too, for you to choose from.

Here is my daughter, demonstrating Boom Cards from the  " Palabras con C" series. 
Click here for a free sampler.


In the first part students have to click the picture that matches the word. I included audio to help students hear the correct pronunciation of the word to aid in vocabulary development. When the speaker icon is pressed it saids "¿Dónde está ___?" which means "Where is ______?". As you can see in the video below students get instant feedback letting them know if they are correct or not.  




In the second part of the game students have to spell the words. The top speaker icon when pressed asks "¿Que es esto?" which  means "What is this?" The second speaker icon tells them what the object is. Doing this helps students sound out the word and reinforces Spanish vocabulary for those who need it.


The last part of my BOOM cards solves the problem of students saying I'm done & is perfect for centers. I included two different activities, the option one is geared towards beginning Spanish learners and option two is for more advanced students.



Today my daughter preferred to go on these BOOM cards instead of Roblox, making my mommy teacher heart happy.



No comments:

Post a Comment